looking for small tank/reservoir for a top off tank

CMcNeil

I had planned on using a 10g tank of my top off tank but I can't fit two 10g tanks inside the stand.I then had the idea of just using a 5g bucket and lid but the bucket won't fit either.does anyone have a 7.5g glass tank or some other small reservoir (in the 7-8g range)they want to part with?I haven't been able to find a 7.5g tank at any local stores and that is really what I want so I don't have to fill it too often.I figure a 7-8g tank will last about a week for topping off a 35g total water volume system.lmk what you have and how much you want for it.I'm limited to a max size of 8 1/2" x17" for the top off tank footprint.

Chris,

I normally end up making a DIY reservoir out of Tupper ware. You can get any shape or size you want and you cant beat the price. I usually look for the tall thin ones with snap on lids that are made out of thick plastic. Hope this helps.

Chris,

I normally end up making a DIY reservoir out of Tupper ware. You can get any shape or size you want and you cant beat the price. I usually look for the tall thin ones with snap on lids that are made out of thick plastic. Hope this helps.

Where would I look to find one of these?I don't need anything fancy, its just a top off reservoir.

Chris I normally only use 2-3g reservoirs so I just pick them up in the food container area at Walmart. I just noticed u wanted something much bigger so just get either a plastic storage bin or a tall slim plastic trash can with a lid. Either would work well.

I ran into the same problem while looking for an ATO container. I needed something skinny enough to fit in my stand but yet I needed it to be at least 5 gallons. This container is 5 gallons if you are interested. I was unable to find any trash cans that weren't flimsy.

I'd be fine with a 5g tank if I could find one.I've been online trying to get a price but can't find prices to save my life.I don't want to spend more than $15-20 since it's just a top off tank and doesn't need to do anything but hold water.id ike to get it asap so I can get my ATO all set up. I have the sump in place and wires run fory MP-10 and tunze nano osmolator just need a reservoir so I can place the osmolator pump and run the top off line.

Check out a " Kendall sharps container 8 gallon" on amazon. It's what I use and has a flip up lid with openings for easy refilling. I may even have an extra one.

I've got some 2.5 gallon and 5 gallon buckets with lids.
I'm in Ruskin/Apollo Beach your welcome to one of either if you want it.

Okay got this at Walmart in Pinellas Park 10 dollars holds 8 gallons of water. I have 48" stand with a 40" gallon breeder and could never find something skinny enough to fit that did not cost an arm and leg because plexi glass is stupid expansive. Best 10 dollars I have ever spent in this hobby.

1b5cfd17a54174977d70360445165f93.jpg

fa014523aa23d2b119ae720c9f6a74fa.jpg

Okay got this at Walmart in Pinellas Park 10 dollars holds 8 gallons of water. I have 48" stand with a 40" gallon breeder and could never find something skinny enough to fit that did not cost an arm and leg because plexi glass is stupid expansive. Best 10 dollars I have ever spent in this hobby.

1b5cfd17a54174977d70360445165f93.jpg

fa014523aa23d2b119ae720c9f6a74fa.jpg

Thanks for the info, I'll check Walmart out when I go there later this week.

Back