Looking for some advice

phishman1

I am thinking of getting another fish perhaps tomorrow and/or a piece of soft coral as well.

I have it narrowed down to a Red Line Wrasse, Royal Gramma or perhaps something else.

Its a 46 Bowfront, right now with live rock, sand etc., about 7 pieces of smallish softcorals, beginner types, Xenia, Green Star ec.,,

3 fish, two small clown fish and a yellow tail damsel. Urchin, Coral Banded Shrimp, Emerald, and the usual clean up crew types.

My question of the two fish I listed which one is more apt to be the better fit, or can anyone list another. and this question as well.

I have read on line where if I wanted to get a fire shrimp, which my wife really wants one, it might be good with the coral banded shrimp, different articles say different things, the LFS owners says its fine so I'm not sure what to do there. Hate to spend $50 on a fire shrimp and have it get torn up..

FYI, Halichoeres biocellatus sleeps in sand. Royal Gramma are territorial but should be ok.
They will open their mouths to fend off threats.
I'm not sure about the shrimp, i had a coral banded for a couple of years but not w/ other shrimp. If you do get a fire shrimp check SG of bag water and drip acclimate as needed.

Back