Lost 3 Chromis New Tank

term_paint

I have a nano tank 16 coral life bio-cube. I stated the tank with ATM Colony. Let the tank sit a few days and then added 3 Chromis to the tank. Day 2 lost one Day 3 lost the second and Day 5 they were all gone. I noticed the fish was not swimming just hanging at the bottom. Here is my water parameters.
I should say i but a real small hammer and it looks great.

Temp is 81-82 I think this is a problem but cannot find a fix.
Salinity 1.023
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Ammonia 0
Dkh 8.2
Calcium 410

I right now today have a real bad out brown break. The rocks and sand are covered.

Where do i go from here....I am really lost and dont want to keep killing fish.

Last edited:
I have a nano tank 16 coral life bio-cube. I stated the tank with ATM Colony. Let the tank sit a few days and then added 3 Chromis to the tank. Day 2 lost one Day 3 lost the second and Day 5 they were all gone. I noticed the fish was not swimming just hanging at the bottom. Here is my water parameters.
I should say i but a real small hammer and it looks great.

Temp is 81-82 I think this is a problem but cannot find a fix.
Salinity 1.023
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Ammonia 0
Dkh 8.2
Calcium 410

I right now today have a real bad out brown break. The rocks and sand are covered.

Where do i go from here....I am really lost and dont want to keep killing fish.

The brown is diatoms, they're a normal part of the cycling progress of a new tank. As far as the fish death, my best guess is that there was ammonia while they were in tank or they had a parasite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too add to djryn2000's post if they died that quickly they may have had a problem before you got them. Also, from my experience Green Chromis ar not very hardy and it's been pretty typcial to loose a lot of them in the first year.

Back