Lost Jimi today....

nigeldcat

Lost my Six Line Wrasse today. Jimi was at least 13 years old and although not always, he was mostly a model citizen in my 150G tank. He never was the terror that some have claimed six lines could be. He was always out in the open and swimming with his friends, Roger the Rabbitfish, Ellie the Ebli, Betty the Blenny, and Harold and Maude (captive bred clowns) who I know to be at least 23 years old. Jimi is preceded in death by Lily the Longnose Butterfly, Tom the Tang, and Mike Mulligan the Sand Sifting Goby.

That’s always tough, especially when they’re well established but sounds like he lived a good life

That’s always tough, especially when they’re well established but sounds like he lived a good life
Yea, I subscribe to the philosophy that if you are adding a member to your tank you are their caretaker and you need to be responsible about what you add. Got that from Bob Fenner. Sad I lost that guy, but now without a wrasse that could wreck havoc, I am free to add to the tank with less chance of conflict. QT tank is running.

Sorry about your loss. It sounds like you gave Jimi and the rest of his roommates a great environment to live in. I have had some fish live to long old ages.

Back