Love 3D printers!

TanksDad13

So I got a 3D printer not too long ago and things are getting good. It's freaking awesome to just make anything to my exacting specs!

08f7bfde5304e96f2141fc66b26730ec.jpg
202816b5c2b51a3f60b94fc81649a25f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should of had you show me when I picked up the monti! I am looking at the Prusa mini but just took a chance on an Ender 5 that was an amazon return for cheap. Not sure what I'm going to get condition wise but should have it in a few weeks.

Do you use ABS? Any particular filaments you like?

PETG for anything reef related or subjected to warm temps. PLA is good for trinkets/toys. I print ABS on rare occasions but it's a pain to keep it from warping off the build plate.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

What's the program that you used to draw your model?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use a combo of Google Sketchup and Tinkercad. GSU allows me to place lines, measurement points and, etc. Tinkercad has a pretty good library of shapes and other simple features.

I love mine to. I have printed a ton of stuff also.
Not super good at making my own but I have a guy that does it for me pretty cheap and then I just print them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Received the Ender5 yesterday and got it going today. Was a mix bag of crap being an amazon return but other than a few missing screws, bent brackets and poorly assembled top frame it came together pretty easy. Printed a clip as a test and now printing an Apex display cradle. Need to figure out how to adjust the print settings in Cura so I can raise the temps. I kept getting bad starts where the first layer would not stick to the bed. My work around was to overheat the bed manually then set it to print the file. That way the bed was hot enough for the first layer and after that it didn't matter. I am sure its simple enough.

Received the Ender5 yesterday.

You'll want to make sure the bed is level and the extruded is the right height from the build surface also, that has a lot to do with the adhesion of the first layer. What slicer software do you use?

You'll want to make sure the bed is level and the extruded is the right height from the build surface also, that has a lot to do with the adhesion of the first layer. What slicer software do you use?

I am using Cura slicing software. I did level the bed, then promptly jacked it up by hitting a bed offset button on accident. Then set bed level again. It would not release the motors so I had to home it then turn off to adjust. Seemed to work but maybe not quite right yet. I'll have to watch some more youtube videos.

i really want to get into 3d printing. this sounds so awesome to print those little things like small feet for a pump or a suction cup holder for a heater. Costs an arm and a leg if you buy retail.

i really want to get into 3d printing. this sounds so awesome to print those little things like small feet for a pump or a suction cup holder for a heater. Costs an arm and a leg if you buy retail.

That's why my wife let me get mine, I'm putting together a new build and I can make anything I need. Since I've had mine I've made all kinds of stuff. Mounts for a sound bar, toys, plenums, etc.

Back