Low Cal/High Alk...not sure whats going on!

Sphinxj13

To make long story short I had to get a new doser some time ago. Tank is a mixed reef with approx. 40 different types of coral with total volume of 150g. I dont mess with much until I see changes but decided to check the levels are they're whack but everything seems okay for most part except Cal & Alk. I'm dosing bionic 2 part and calcium is at 230 and my alk is about 16. I've tested over and over and ordered brand new kits even to make sure it wasn't expired or anything. Could my low cal be causing the high all? Best thoughts on course of action?
TIA

I'd check magnesium now (yesterday)...if it's around 1300, you are good. obviously...stop dosing alk and start dosing calcium until your parameters are in balance.

I've stopped dosing alk but my mag is 1635 and no clue how since I'm not even dosing mag at all. Calcium is slowly being increased due to not wanting to shock anything.

Mag at 1635 doesn't sound right ? either something is wrong with testing method/test kit or there is too much mag in your salt. If there is actually that much mag in your salt, you have a bad batch. Having your mag that high shouldn't hurt anything, it's just not ideal. what test kit are you using ? What salt ?

Back