Low profile overflow boxes

jaylensdad06

I was just curious if any1 had and thoughts on the low profile acrylic overflows on ebay. the 1200gph box says is good up to 150 gallon tank. is anyone using these or have used them....they r a little pricy I think at 120 for the 1200gph plus shipping. should I go a size higher.? or should I include sump volumn? etc.

They are cheap, $120 for 1200gph is really cheap. They are also flimsy and have heard of them bowing over time from water weight. I almost bought one but then I decided to get the synergy reef overflow instead.

Why not try glass holes? They have great reviews. Id personally rather pay a little more for something that is better quality and will last forever. Like tidus said the ebay ones have reviews of bowing over time. Itd be easier to do it once than twice, especially before the tank is filled and running

Looks like the ebay ones are trying to copy the reef savvy ghost overflow boxes.

If you do decide to go the ebay route, customacrylicstx sells 1200gph low profile overflow boxes that come with everything. Comes with hole saw and jig, piping for bean animal and 2 ball valves with unions. their boxes also have bent corners

Last edited:
226.jpg

H2Overflow

Modular Marine

Modular Marine

Modular Marine seems to be the best among all. it even makes 36" long oned while the synergy is just 20" long which is so lame for a large tank

Back