Lyretail vs Bartlett's Anthias 93g Cube

SloppyJ

Hey guys, my tank is in the process of cycling. I'm in no big hurry but I can't decide which of these anthias I want in my tank. Both species seem to be popular. My plans for the tank are listed below. I've never had anthias before so I'm looking for something easy to take care of that won't add any extra stress (ie. feeding more than 1-2x per day). I plan on buying a trio of anthias.

93g Cube (30x30x24)
2 Black Occ. Clowns (already own)
1 Bristletooth Tang (Kole most likely)
2-3 Fairy Wrasses

Thanks for the help!

I've never had anthias before so I'm looking for something easy to take care of that won't add any extra stress (ie. feeding more than 1-2x per day). I plan on buying a trio of anthias.

my understanding is that anthias require a min of 2 feedings a day with 3 preferably when their younger.

Go with your experience level. Get from trusted source. I guess many show up with internal parasites nowadays, and are difficult even for experts.
Daniel. :wildone:

^ Well that's not promising!

I've been reefing for around 5 years now. I'm experienced but only with nanos. I have a 30g that I'm running now. I've just never had the room for the bigger fish.

Barlett's get bigger and from what I understand, tend to all turn male. I'd get 3 female lyretails and let them decide who is going to be the male.

Back