Made my first Zoa frags

Rakie

Mildly proud, nothing exquisite (picture included), but as someone whose never kept or fragged Zoa's it's a nice little milestone.

Purple Deaths (99% sure I killed them all, first frag)
Bam Bams
BBEB
CC Diablo look alike
Sakura Sunrise
Mind Blowing Paly's
King Midas Zoa

This is them literally after mounting and Lugol's dip so they're all closed!

tkuHbpg.jpg

I wouldn't dip in iodine after fragging (or dip anything in it ever), it stresses them out and just raises the chances for them to die imo. Just frag then put into an area with moderate flow until they heal, less work and healthier frags :)

Really Miguel? I was always told iodine promotes healing. Either way, they're all up and alive. Except I'm *pretty* sure a pair of purple death floated away somewhere..

Iodine promoting healing after fragging is one of those myths that just won't die... pretty much just stresses corals out since it's toxic to them at those doses. The only thing iodine does is poorly treat bacterial infections in cases where Revive or Furan-2 would have worked better.

Iodine promoting healing after fragging is one of those myths that just won't die... pretty much just stresses corals out since it's toxic to them at those doses. The only thing iodine does is poorly treat bacterial infections in cases where Revive or Furan-2 would have worked better.

Fan of Revive for coral dipping huh? It looks like one of those "too good to be true" things that doesn't do anything.

Some people still used leeches after Penicillin because bread mold looked like one of those too good to be true things that doesn't do anything :)

Back