Making my own small frag tank...

ChrisMan123

Would anyone be able to explain the process of building your own small acrylic or glass tank...

if i was to ever make one it'd prob be about 9 inches long... 10 inches wide and 5-8 inches high

this is just a future idea... so im getting all the info now to see if I'd be up for doing it..

any info would be appreciated... pricing of products needed... where to get it... what to get... how to do it.. whatever you know

thanks

That would be a snap to make out of glass. Just call a local glass company (call a few actually to get the best price) with your dimensions and have them cut the glass to your specs. Pick up a tube of 100% silicon, grab a beer, and start putting it together. You can use some tape to hold the glass together while the silicon cures. Another good trick is to pick up a short piece of an L bracket so you can be sure you have 90 degree corners.

yeah... that sounds good.. that what i was thinking it'd be like making it... how much you think the pieces of glass would be? they'd only be like I'd need four 9x6 pieces and one 9x9 piece probably... measurements around there... any estimates? and how long does the silicon take to dry cuz i'd need to hold it in place

Shouldn't cost you more than 40-50 bucks max, using 1/4" glass. I'd let the silicon cure for 48 hrs or so. Just use tape to hold it in place.

Back