mangrove seeds

Yes. Please check out my gallery first and see my mangrove tank. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. All of mine were grown from seed pods. MM

Tagging along..... Very interested in maintaining a fuge with Mangroves..... but not sure of best approach to move forward......

Seems like Mangroves are popular but I have not been able to pinpoint the bst way to approach....

Thanks for any inputs.... and opinions.....:D

MargaritaMan said:
Yes. Please check out my gallery first and see my mangrove tank. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. All of mine were grown from seed pods. MM

MM, I checked your gallary but still do not understand how to set up a mangrove Tank......

Can you elaborate? Do you have schematics?

I am very interested in using Mangroves to expand my current system.........

Can you share with Reef Central?

.....:D

Pretty simple, shallow glass tank (24 x 24 x10) filled with six inches of sand. the tank is fed from my main tank sump by a little RIO 600 and has its own minature oerflow back to the sump. Just enough water to keep it fresh. The sand stays aerobic because the roots feed the sand with oxygen. The hardest part of the whole thing is to make sure the pods stay moist while they are rooting. You will need to mist them several times a day. Once the roots expand (a few weeks) then they can supply themselves with moisture. Hope this helps. MM

Currently a 10k 175w MH. But in the beginning I used a 6500k pc because it wouldn't dry them out. With the MH they really grow fast. To the tune of a 1/2"+ per month. MM

Ahh what the heck fo you know MargaritaMan!!!

Here is a picture of my Mangrove tank :D

15132mini-Mangrove_Tank_w_175w_10k.JPG

Back