Mantis (trump)

Tweaked

FUP&A Member
Hey buddy, you stole my mantis lol. Actually I had bought it from Joe and had him holding it, than had him put back for sale as I didn't want to rush the setup. Well, this was a few weeks ago, and I my species tank is coming along, here is where I am:

30g acrylic 36" long
Black pine stand
2 bulb t5 unit
10 gallon sump
150w heater
Mag 3 return
Mp10
Looking for skimmer

So bs'n with Joe yesterday, he is looking for a clown mantis currently which should be sweet. They also have another small one in Branford which is where I got mine. Cool colors too. My current guy is a G. Ternatensis.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/arthro...traca/royslist/species.php?name=g_ternatensis

Interested in your setup.

Lol I actually wasnt planning on buy him so yesterday I designed a home for him. I had been puttin off setting up a fuge inside my sump in the basement and he kinda motivated me to get started.

Marineland 10g Half Moon. The bottom is packed with Fuji Mud and some pink sand with a few hunks of live rock/old birds nest colony skeleton. I will be adding some macro and such later. The tank has my aqua c on top of it with a drain down into it. It just overflows back into the tank.

My emerald crab pic <---- is in my old mantis set up the emerald crab was diinner lol.

Love my mantis he's so fun to watch I have it in a 80 deep blue rimless with two lionfish been together for almost a year now. Eats pretty much anything I put in a stick and wave in front of him or live crawfish

Setup
80g deep blue rimless
Deep blue stand
2 acan prizm
2 mp10
Reef octopus int1000sss
Pro flex sump 2
200 watt aqueon pro heater
Reef keeper lite
Autotopoff.com auto top off

I need to buy some PVC

I will try to get a good pic of him

Pretty sure this is a ternatensis as well.

That's what I thought when I originally purchased. Already have one but only an inch or so long. Being a species tank, I want the clown which is known to interact with owner. Picking up Bubble Magnus skimmer now. More to come.

Trip was not lost as I picked up some great live rock speckled with palys, pink tipped green mojanos and some bright green Pavona. 20 bucks for like 30 pounds. Added to the base rock I was cycling already, I jump started the tank. Still need sand, a skimmer, and some ati bulbs for the light. Heater is in the sump, dlandino gave me a hang on sock holder, and the baffles are siliconed in the sump.

Crappy pics, but pics none the less.

1AB206FD-1091-4BAE-B232-A7CD750341A3_zpszmos58zg.jpg

F5C5B7F7-1046-49AE-AFBF-757F889F1EB6_zpsyt3s7yft.jpg

EF3663A0-56EB-4CAD-8D46-A4DD9F0B9CDE_zpshyvzcvb3.jpg

04A0C718-8724-4E63-A329-786732B258E3_zpsollixfg9.jpg

I had a Mac 3 made by them loved it hope you have good luck with yours. You really like Bb tanks huh :) I'm trying my first bb out now but I can't keep the bottom clean

I had a Mac 3 made by them loved it hope you have good luck with yours. You really like Bb tanks huh :) I'm trying my first bb out now but I can't keep the bottom clean

Nah it will have sand unfortunately lol. Oh and try a bunch of mp40s on high. Seems to work

your set up is def nicer than his current home. I plan on moving him in the future once I can set up this other tank above the sump. as he is in the sump itself inside another tank i get a look down view mostly but he does not seem to look up at me as much as he was checking out the hermit crab that hitched a ride on his liverock.

Back