March 2013 Tank of the Month

Nice setup. Whats up with the bath tub in the fish room?

Most like to enjoy the view of there tank from the comfort of there easy chair. I would much more prefer a bubble bath while watching my skimmer make skim-mate.:)
What it's really for is ease of cleaning everything and washing the dogs.:beer:

Not the kalk. the one next to the carbon and gfo.

That is a ozone reactor and the white is the plastic strips that came with it to help mix up the gas. I have yet to put it to use. To many other things going on and I wanted to make sure the system was stable before adding it. I want to see what real changes happened if any when I do added it.

:wave:WOW. Maybe one day. Especially impressed by what is behind the wall. I've seen guys build a home with a workshop for woodwork or another hobby, but you sir, have exceeded my wildest dreams. I have every thing crammed under the tank.

Yikes. That's some tank. But with one so big, how did you get the coral and rock into the middle of tank and how do you service it? Like if you see a coral frag has taken a nose dive into the sand near the middle of the tank, how the hey do you reach it?

A step ladder is a must, especially if you have short arms like I do. If a frag takes a nose dive most times he's on his own or I use my long forceps to get them out.

Excelente tanque amigo felicidades y la verdad me identifico con tu historia me paso igual y ahora después de 2 años me da risa como empece y como vamos. que sigas disfrutando tu pedacito de mar

Excellent tank friend congratulations and I really identify with your story and I spend like two years now after I laugh as I started and as we go. you continue to enjoy your piece of sea

Absolutely amazing, must be. Dream come true, I am so jealous, as a real newby, I am struggling very hard to get it right but not to be defeated.
Congratulations on being the proud owner and being featured. Good on you!! Enjoy it.

Let me just say, this like any other hobby is only as expensive as you let it be.
I'm sure I spend more than I should.

Wow amazing tank. Nice work and congrats!

I have a similar sized tank and always seem to have trouble with nutrient control, algae, etc.m was wondering:

- can you gives details on your skimmer? How large is it? What size system is it rated for? I'm pretty sure I don't have a properly rated skimmer for my system.

- how much GFO and carbon do you use monthly?

- how much live rock do you have in your system ?

- what type of sandbed? Looks like maybe crushed coral over sand and bare in some spots?

Thanks and congrats again!

Congrats on TOTM !!!

May I ask for your experience and recommendations regarding do's and don'ts to get my undata to thrive like the pic of yours? Light period,flow , water parms? With a great tank like yours, you must be really in tune with observation of animals.... Example, when do you see trouble regarding PO4 range? .08 or 1.2, etc.... Thanks!

Wow amazing tank. Nice work and congrats!

I have a similar sized tank and always seem to have trouble with nutrient control, algae, etc.m was wondering:

- can you gives details on your skimmer? How large is it? What size system is it rated for? I'm pretty sure I don't have a properly rated skimmer for my system.

- how much GFO and carbon do you use monthly?

- how much live rock do you have in your system ?

- what type of sand bed? Looks like maybe crushed coral over sand and bare in some spots?

Sorry for the late reply, It's been a very busy month.
The skimmer is a H&S 250, it seems to work fine for my system.
I try not to over feed and do weekly water changes which I feel helps.
I change out my GFO and carbon every month. I want to say 5 cups of carbon and 3 cups of gfo.
The sand is crushed aggregate which has been blown around by the pumps.
Hope this helps.

Back