Marlins Unveil Aquariums That Will Serve as Home Plate Backstop at New Ballpark

What a waste of money. Who can really enjoy the aquarium beside the people at the front row, bat boy, and the players?

Imagine the hours per day of upkeep, being in the sun like that, algae, plus the expense of chillers, backup chillers, kids scratching the acrylic just to be funny... bad idea.

"34 feet long, 36 inches high and holds over 600 gallons of seawater"
They must be off on their measurements, because a tank that is 34' long and 3' high which holds over 600 gallons of water is only about 10" wide.
I also think that it is a bad idea. Hopefully they will make it wider than 10".

"The aquarium to the right of home plate (when looking from the pitcher's mound) measures an impressive 34 feet long, 36 inches high and holds over 600 gallons of seawater, while the aquarium to the left, will be 24 feet in length, holding 450 gallons of water."

Yes, I think they left something out. It would be ridiculous to only be 10" thin. By the time you add up the thickness of the tank walls and then the protective lexan on both sides, it would be thicker than the width of the tank?

Hopefully they meant 1600 gallons. If they have the money to maintain it, then go for it. I might have to just go early for batting practice to check it out.

Back