Micromussa receding/melting?

Specfishin

So my micromussa is having some issues the past week. It's on/off with full polyp extension and decides to expand for eating(slowly). It's the only coral having issues, no pickers either. My alk was in 6-7 range and I'm slowly getting it back to 9-9.5 dkh. My ph swings from 7.4 to 8.1 daily. Its monitored and manual tested to confirm. 460 calc ,mag at 1480. I'm 2 part dosing. Maybe they do this occassionally? No new changes in last 3 -4 weeks. Looked fine before last week. Second pic is reference for happiness of neighbor corals. No sweepers hitting it either. 80 g total volume/with sump. And I can't believe I got the pic up.Finally getting the hang of it now. Lol
20170102_170145.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Your changes are large alk swings.
9 to 9.5 may be too high depending how clean your tank is. I would try to maintain where your tank it right now for a while and see what happens or maybe be ready to let it fall back a little bit if things don't improve.

I find that mine like minimal light. I put then under ledges where they are probably 50% shaded. My alk is high like yours. I try to keep it lower but it keeps creeping up since refilling the media in my ca reactor.

Thanks for the advice. I may be giving it too much light. I didn't really think about my lights changing. I went from 2 cheezy t5 units and 2 kessils to a 8 bulb ati unit. Only 4 hours at 100% though. I'm gonna shade that coral and keep my alk steady. See if it gets happier.

So many different ways of doing things. In my tanks acans and all lps get blasted with light and have good intense colors for the most part.
Many of these corals are found in shallow lagoons were light intensity is much higher than we can provide.

So many different ways of doing things. In my tanks acans and all lps get blasted with light and have good intense colors for the most part.
Many of these corals are found in shallow lagoons were light intensity is much higher than we can provide.

I think acclimation is the bigger issue here rather than lighting strength. With time I think having everything back out in the open will be fine.

Back