Midas Blenny and Royal Gramma aggression

matthewb01

Hey guys. I have a 32 Gallon reef with a firefish in it right now. I also plan on adding either a Yasha or hi fin red-banded goby, a royal gramma, and initially, a tail spot blenny. Lately, I have been looking into the Midas blenny. I'm worried about the Midas blenny and royal gramma fighting. Should I add the Midas blenny first or the royal gramma first? Should I just completely ditch the Midas blenny and go with something else?

BTW I have read on liveaquaria that midas blennies are peaceful, but I have been reading posts about them getting nasty and bullying other fish. I have never kept a midas blenny before so I just want to make sure it won't go after the royal gramma.

I had them both in a 65 with no trouble at all. Actually they were both very peaceful. The Midas Blenny loved the highest point in the tank, so I placed a barnacle home there for it. The Gramma, lived in the rocks at the base. I had Wrasses and other fish with no issue. The only issue ever from the Midas was towards a lawnmower Blenny that tried to take the Midas Blenny home. Even that was mild in that case, basically shooing him from his home. I love Midas, they have tons of character.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

I had them both in a 65 with no trouble at all. Actually they were both very peaceful. The Midas Blenny loved the highest point in the tank, so I placed a barnacle home there for it. The Gramma, lived in the rocks at the base. I had Wrasses and other fish with no issue. The only issue ever from the Midas was towards a lawnmower Blenny that tried to take the Midas Blenny home. Even that was mild in that case, basically shooing him from his home. I love Midas, they have tons of character.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Great thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Back