Millipora care

nathan1986

Ive been having great success so far with my sps corals (im a beginner with sps) i dont think i have any hard to keep sps corals as of yet, and to be honest i cant remember all the names of what i have. I generally buy whats easy to care for and has color that i like. I do like how the millipora corals look hairy with their polyp extension. I was curious if they were somewhat easy to care for. I dose esv 2 part daily and test the water peramaters maybe once a month. I have a maintenance routine that i stick to daily and so far its working and water peramaters are always within where i like to keep them. i like the sunset milli but dont want to buy it if its something i cant handle as of yet. So far my sps corals consist of, thin birdsnest, green slimer, blue stylo, few types of digita, 2 acro pieces (purple bonsai and sarmentosa) and a neat looking neon green fuzzy sps that i forgot the name of. So id like opinions on if the millipora would be a somewhat easy sps or if i should wait until im more advanced in sps keeping. Thanks guys/gals

Sunset Mille is not difficult to keep. If all of your other SPS are doing good than you will be fine. Sunset is an awesome coral and grows fast. I got mine from Snake1 and I couldn't be happier with it.

Thanks for the fast response, i figured itd be better to ask first than to buy and possibly kill something because its out of my experience level so to speak.

And a fast grower would be nice, so far my only 2 sps that you can see the fastest growth are the birdsnest and Psammacora (the bright green fuzzy coral i didnt know the name of) other than that im getting more encrusting growth than upward/branching growth. Its the name of the game tho with some sps from what i read

Yeah man, give the Sunset a try. Pretty coral and imo Millie's in general are pretty easy to care for. I love the Millie's that I have, something about the fuzzy sticks!

Yeah man, give the Sunset a try. Pretty coral and imo Millie's in general are pretty easy to care for. I love the Millie's that I have, something about the fuzzy sticks!
Im leaning towards giving the sunset milli a try. Can they handle intense lighting like acro's? Most of the lower part of my tank is ruled by my torch coral that i have to figure out what to do with. I have most room uptop in my tank but that will be blasting it with light. My acros seem to like it tho

Im leaning towards giving the sunset milli a try. Can they handle intense lighting like acro's? Most of the lower part of my tank is ruled by my torch coral that i have to figure out what to do with. I have most room uptop in my tank but that will be blasting it with light. My acros seem to like it tho

It will be fine up top. I have mine under a 6 bulb Sunpower about 400 par. Just bring the new frag up top over a few weeks if you can.

Milli's are acro's and need good water. Good water is very subjective. What is easy in my tank acro wise may be difficult for you. Milli's are often sensitive and indicator corals when things go south. Sad thing about this hobby is everything we test can look perfect and we still kill things. All I can say is give it a shot, No idea what a sunset milli costs I would just make sure my first milli wasn't real expensive.

Milli's are one coral I have problems with. All my colorful acros are looking good but I can't get a milli to open.

Does anyone have a nice size frag of sunset Mille?? Obviously Nathan has first dibs but, I would be interested too.

milli's are acro's and need good water. Good water is very subjective. What is easy in my tank acro wise may be difficult for you. Milli's are often sensitive and indicator corals when things go south. Sad thing about this hobby is everything we test can look perfect and we still kill things. All i can say is give it a shot, no idea what a sunset milli costs i would just make sure my first milli wasn't real expensive.

+1

milli's are one coral i have problems with. All my colorful acros are looking good but i can't get a milli to open.

+1

I would definitely get something aquacultured, whether it's from a fellow reefer or a store. The ORA blue millie is very hardy, in my experience. Since this is your first one I'd probably start off with something like that, since it tends to be a little cheaper than the sunset.

I ended up getting a nice sized sunset mille frag from someone local. Acclimating as we speak. Thanks for all the input guys.

Funny how diff our tanks can be lol

Millie always grew best for me and acro did good also but anything bushy looking never made it

Birdnest, bird of paradise, porcillopora .... weird stuff

Back