mod for 24 g jbj nano

bjc7487

i was wondering what would be the best things to add on to a 24 nano, i am kinda wanting to "beef it up" with the flow and lighting, i have buttons, a sea fan, mushrooms, gorgonian, and xenia in it now...what is the best things to put in? thanks!

Viper only if you want to go topless. How much would you be willing to spend to upgrade the hood?

I would consider the CurrentUSA Sunpod 150watt MH HQI light fixture and ditch the hood. You could then cut a piece of acryllic (or glass) to cover the tank so that you dont have an open top. I am planning on upgrading to this light fixture, and I would love more data points. :) Anyway, I hear that the viper is harder to deal with. Light tends to spill out because the light housing is not so deep. Also, I would be afraid of that arm giving out. :eek1:

ok ill look into the sunpod, will acrylic filter the light very much? i know someone who can cut me either glass or acrylic, so which would be the better top? o and the flow on my tank is stock, not sure what it is, im not very tech savvy... thanks for the help!!!!

It's a bit of a pain with water in it but still worth it.

Shut off the pump :)

Then unhook it from the nozzle that goes back into the display.
(Might have to cut the zip tie, you can get another one and secure it after the fact).

pull the tubing and the powerhead to the top

take the tubing off of the stock powerhead.

Put the tubing on the new MaxiJet

Lower it back down

attatch the top of the tubing back to the nozzle at the top of the chamber.

That's it.

I have a Maxijet 1200 and I love it. If you have any heat issues you may want to look into a MaxiJet 900. With my Maxijet and stock DX lighting I have never had the temp go above 81.

Contact nano customs for ideas about moding your tank but study the old threads. Full of ideas that address your questions.

Back