Modifying skimmer

saltydude

I have a ETSS skimmer and want to know if I stick a airline down the top with a airstone on the end of it, that would cause more skimming hense more foaming. Would this be a good way of enhancing the performance of my skimmer?
Please give insight. Thank you

because if you're having a problem with performance, its most likely an undersized pump. I've run a couple of ETSS skimmers, and if they're properly set up, people dont ask questions about how to improve performance.

Is this a reefdevil? Or one of those types, or a big ETSS? That Rio is about what I'd run on the smaller reef devil.

It is a big ETSS. The pump I got with it is Ca 1800. I am not sure why, but I swapped it out with the rio which is now on my ETSS and use the Ca to mix salt water for changes. Is there a differance in power? should I switch it back?

http://www.superskimmer.com/Display Tank ETSS.htm

Generally, the more flow and pressure you can put through them, hte better they'll perform. The pumps you have would be about what you'd want to run a reef devil.

If you're looking at the bigger models, you should be looking at something along the lines of an Iwaki 55, or soemthing that puts out similar numbers. Lots of flow, lots of head pressure.

Back