Moonlight is needed?

nkenyan

Hello Experts,

I need help with moonlight settings. I recently got the Maxspect jumpstart Mj165-L Blue edition for my 2ft tank. I have some Corals, Anemones and Fish in my tank. I just want to know whether the moonlight is needed for this setup.

Thanks in Advance.

Hello Experts,

I need help with moonlight settings. I recently got the Maxspect jumpstart Mj165-L Blue edition for my 2ft tank. I have some Corals, Anemones and Fish in my tank. I just want to know whether the moonlight is needed for this setup.

Thanks in Advance.
Moonlight is not needed. It's personal preference.

I used to run moonlights. I do not run moonlights anymore and haven’t noticed any ill effects. I believe the common thought is that moonlight, for our aquariums, is only for aesthetics. As to how to set it up, I have no experience with the Maxspect jump

I used to run moonlights. I do not run moonlights anymore and haven’t noticed any ill effects. I believe the common thought is that moonlight, for our aquariums, is only for aesthetics. As to how to set it up, I have no experience with the Maxspect jump
To add, I think it is alleged that you can induce corals to spawn with the appropriate moon cycle.

Reef "Moonlight" settings is one of my lesser pet peeves. Real moonlight is about 4000K white light and about .3 lux or roughly ,01 PAR. You're better off not using it.

Back