Mostly finished but could use help tuning in some stuff.

TURKLET0N

Hello,

I put everything together yesterday for my 150 gallon build. I am having issues dialing in my I-Tech skimmer. It keeps bubbling over and I can't seem to get it to work properly. Would anyone be interested in dropping by to help me? I live in Westchase just off hillsborough ave. I can provide you with beer. šŸ˜€ I have ten fish in the tank along with corals. So I would like to get the skimmer to run properly. Here are some pictures. Sorry the quality isn't the best.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 0
what is the water level is it setting in? and what is the water level in the skimmer....Let start there.

Also besides salwater is there anything else you have added to your tank during setup? Or used to attach your rocks together?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I think I have mine sitting at about 6.5". As MJNT hinted at, without knowing your evel it sounds like it's in to much water.

Congrats on the new set up.

Also besides salwater is there anything else you have added to your tank during setup? Or used to attach your rocks together?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I did not add anything to the tank. I used the sand, saltwater, fish, coral, starfish, crabs and snails that I got from someone's tank. I did not use any glue for the rocks. The only thing I added was extra saltwater that I mixed together myself. Now I just need to tune in the circulation, skimmer and the ecotech; lights, pump and power head through the app.

Ok what level is the water at in the skimmer? Try setting it at half way up the skimmer cup....[/

The skimmer has been off. Here is where the level is now. I also tried it with the water covering the hole as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 0
Awesome!!!!! Thank you. It's working a lot better. I owe you a beer. Should I dial t in so that the bubbles just reach the top?

Awesome!!!!! Thank you. It's working a lot better. I owe you a beer. Should I dial t in so that the bubbles just reach the top?

This is where I have mine......Hope it helps as you can see my water is bout 1/2 inch below the out let.

Attachments

• skimmer 3.jpg
    skimmer 3.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 0
  • skimmer 5.jpg
    skimmer 5.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0

You can just play with it until you have it the way you want it....I skimm wet, so that how I have mine set up....

I wouldn't expect to dial in a skimmer in a day. I would open the wedge pipe until it doesn't over flow. Adjust over a week or two everyday if needed until it is broken in. If it set dry for a while it may need a full break in and can act crazy until it is.

Back