moved the tank

NEONGOBY22

well we moved last weekend and so did that tank. i got it all set back up and its not looking good. the first theing that happened is the heaters broke the night we moved all the other stuff. so went to take the tank down the next day and it was 73 insted of 80. so i bought a new heater. but my live stock is not looking so good. my tourch coral, frog spawn. and my hammer are not doing so well.

We would be just be speculating. Many corals/inverts can survive the temperature drop you've described, particularly if the change isn't too fast.

At this point you have to decide (test?) whether your current water conditions are ok. If they are, keep things stable and wait it out. If they aren't, or you don't know, then you might want to consider doing a large, slow, carefully temperature, salinity and PH matched water change.

- Mark

I dont think there are enough details about your move to let the experts really help. I agree that the temp swing if slow going down and again slow going up should not be an issue.

Have you tested your tank?? A move can cause a cycle. If it's a big cycle then you might need to do a big water change ASAP.

Did you have a DSB? I hear they dont move very well.

i did the same this past weekend, move the whole tank..my tank temp was like 74-76 and i slow rised it to 78-80 now after like 2 days..but everything was open that same night..i didn't lose anything..: ) ..must be luck..but i also use about 10g of the old water...well good luck i hope you don't lose everything..

i just got done doing some test. everything looked ok but my SG was a little low. so i will raise it up tonight and just play the waiting game

how much of your old water did you use ? how long were things out of the tank? did your rock leave the water during the move?more details if you want a better answear.

Ive moved twice with no loss....i try to keep as much water as i can and always keep the rock underwater.....i set a 20 gallon up at the new place with old water and prob brought about 30 extra gallons with me during the move so for my 75 i had plenty of of stable water......can never have enough buckets.....many other precautions i took that were prob overboard but so far so good...hope things work out for you good luck

i had about 55 gallons total water. the rock was out of water for about an half hour. while i was arranging it . the anomne i could not get off the glass stayed in the tank as we mover it. its the only thing that is looking good. the live stock was in a 30 gal rubbermaid bin for about three hours with a powerhead and a mH over them. they looked fine when i out them all back in. i talked to my local fish tore and he said it was from didsturbing the DSB that caused this.

Back