Moving 55mi, looking for advice.

LOL @ firebirdude, sorry.. I didn't think anybody would read it as I would only end up taking 25% of the water out... that was just for the rock. The tank was gonna be moved with only an inch of water above the current sand bed, but it will now be empty for the move. Edit; Probably using only 5% water for the rock now, if even.

Anyways, I bought 3 containers, a 45g tote, and 2x 16g totes. 45g will be setup at the new place starting tomorrow, I will be transferring the fish in the 16g totes, splitting them evenly.

I bought 2 new bags of sand for a new sandbed should be here early this week.

Now, I can't decide on what to do.. Do I move the fish from the 16g's to the 45g when I arrive for more space? or do I leave them in the 16g bins till the tank is ready?

Also do you think I'll need to put a piece of flat Live Rock in either for only 55 miles? My friend gave me an air pump for the move,(http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753029&lmdn=Product+Type) so I have that.

how did it go?
Haven't started yet, more then likely moving the tank this upcoming weekend, between 20th - 22nd.

Last edited:
Back