Mr. Aqua 17g Peninsula AIO

diveredd

Here are the first pics of my new build.
huzu9e9u.jpg
ave6ydug.jpg

Mr. Aqua 17 starphire
Custom AIO
Hydor slim skim nano
Kessil 350w
Vortech mp10
Eheim 1000 return pump
Tunze ato
Cobalt 100w heater
Custom built media basket

Thanks, No rockscaping yet. I just transferred the LR from my tank that was leaking. It will look better in the future

Next, I'm building a cap to hide the skimmer and AIO. The wires will be hidden with zip ties. I'm going for a clean look.

Looks awesome, can we get a close up of the AIO and skimmer? I like the Mr. Aqua tanks but I'm not much of a DIYer when it comes to plumbling/electrical, so i'm interested to see how it's all set up.

Looking to start my first reef tank, been lurking for a while.

nice tank I have the same tank but with a mame overflow and sump

Never thought about turning it into a aio.

nice tank I have the same tank but with a mame overflow and sump

Never thought about turning it into a aio.

Mame's are cool. Did you order it from Japan? I thought of that, but this tank is on a kitchen counter so I have no place for a sump. Post some pics of your setup.

Looks awesome, can we get a close up of the AIO and skimmer? I like the Mr. Aqua tanks but I'm not much of a DIYer when it comes to plumbling/electrical, so i'm interested to see how it's all set up.

Looking to start my first reef tank, been lurking for a while.

Here's a pic of the AIO. The last the baffle is a removable media caddy.

amu9y2uh.jpg

So its been 11 days since I transferred my livestock from my 6 gallon pico to the 17gallon Mr. Aqua. I've never had a ammonia or nitrite spike. I used the following procedure:

Added new live sand to the 17g
Added additional cured live rock from the LFS
Moved about 3lbs of live sand from the old tank to new
Moved all the LR from the smaller to larger tank
Moved about 3 or 4 gallons of water from the smaller to larger
Added new saltwater to the new tank
Added Dr. Tim's One and Only to additionally seed the the tank.
Moved fish, anemone , and corals from old to new

Knock on wood everything survived and seems like all is going well.

Hi, Did your Hydor slim skim make lots of noise and chuck out a tone of microbubbles out the front? As this is what is currently happening on my QT tank and i just cant stand the noise and bubbles in the tank.

great tank. I have been thinking about doing something similar. I love the Mr. Aqua tanks and I was thinking of doing an AIO similar to yours as well.

Looks like you used acrylic for the back compartment and baffles? Any problems with getting it to hold?

Also I'm guessing the heater is hidden back behind the skimmer?

Back