multiple trigger species in one tank?

Obi-dad

Can you keep multiple triggers species in one tank? For example in a 75g, humu, niger and crosshatch, all small at time of purchase?

hey there,

no personal experience with triggerfish myself. i think david covered triggres in a column while i was on vacation. i'm going to move this over to david's forum and perhaps he can offer you some advice.

HTH

henry

Sorry I hadn't seen this post.

I have seen tanks with multiple triggers, so it can be done. A 75g might be pushing it a little, especially to have 3 of them. You would probably be OK when they're juveniles, but then you'll have trouble as they get larger.
The other problem that you might run into with this particular combination is that the crosshatch tends to be more timid than the other two, and might get abused by them.
I think you'd be able to get away with any combination of two of them OK; I personally wouldn't, but you could. You'd still want to be ready to upgrade to a bigger tank.

Dave

I have a Clown, Niger and Picasso in a 125. I had to get rid of the Picasso when I got my Whitley. I have a Blue Throat trigger coming on Friday.

Back