My Addiction Continues....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12413029#post12413029 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NeveSSL

How does that ATO work? Is it actually a sump? I just noticed the switch is toward the bottom of that little acrylic enclosure. :)

Brandon

It is a C-Level Top off. I bought it as a complete system, but have done a little modding to it. I am upgrading the pump to accomidate the 4 foot of head pressure. It is a little pump now. I am putting a Maxi900 on it. The float switch in there is for shutting off the pump if the Reservoir goes empty. That way you don't burn it up. I am also putting together some piping to go up the back of the nano and make a 180 hook into the return pump section. I will post some picks when done tomorrow.

finished off setting up the ATO.

ATOcomplete.jpg

got a cool pic of my clan and blasto in the sunlight

coralsclamenjoysunlight.jpg

Very neat on the C-Level ATO. I hadn't seen those yet. The thing where there's a delay before the pump comes on really helps. My Aquatronica does kind of the opposite of that (when its not bricked :mad2: ). It has a minimum turn on time which turns the ATO pump on for the specified amount of time as a minimum and then leaves it on until the float switch engages again. Pretty neat!

Brandon

Corals are looking good today. It was a cloudy day, but of course everything came out very nicely. Even the reefs in the wild have a day of clouds.

Been trying to think of what to do with the sun room in my new apartment... now I know. Your corals look amazing in that natural light! Going to tag onto this thread for a bit!

WOW......

I wish I could get a picture of my corals under the 460 T5 bulbs tonight. After a week of Natural Sunlight I put the T5 light fixture on the tank for two hours. The colors are amazing. I wish my camera would get a picture of it.

Update:

Been 8 days today....
The corals are looking great. The Orange Monti Cap has grown about 2 centimeters in the week. The new growth is very bright Orange. Different than the original piece.

Green polyp leather is expanding larger every day. I would say it was just smaller than a silver dollar before. Now it is a little bigger than the dollar.

All the zoanthids are fuller and more colorful than ever. I have a small frag of a bright nuclear looking greens. It had 4 polyps last week. Today it has five polyps and four more baby ones coming out. Tremendous growth.

The Blasto colony is fuller and bigger than it ever has been and I see a couple of new babies on the sides.

So far nothing but postive. There has been a little algea on the glass, but no more than I ever had on my other tanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12429145#post12429145 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kalied20
WOW......The colors are amazing. I wish my camera would get a picture of it.

Tease!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12434775#post12434775 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kalied20
The Orange Monti Cap has grown about 2 centimeters in the week.

Seriously? We should stop diverting corn to ethanol and see if Montipora burns.
:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12438155#post12438155 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HowardCath
Seriously? We should stop diverting corn to ethanol and see if Montipora burns.
:D

:thumbsup: Great Idea !!!:p Just don't use my tank, it is ok to use tanks in another county, but my snails may be damaged:eek:
So just pick some other location.........but....great idea!

Norman

Well, guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy a UV. I am getting a little algea build up on the glass but not a lot on the rocks. Wanted a UV anyways.

Robert,
I forgot to post, the anemone is doing well, the clowns have already begun to host in it at night. The chili coral is also looking good. The coral you got from Wayne is still touch and go (more go than touch I fear).

I’ve been interested in the very fixture you just bought. Sounds like it’s doing well. Give us a review of it after a little more time. I’ve heard the fans are a little loud.

Back