My experience with KCl for AEFW

I ended up doing 3 treatments. Hopefully they are gone. Haven't lost any acros since then and haven't seen any bite marks, but keeping a close eye on things.

would like to see some monthly update for the next few months, that's will be a great news for all acro lovers.

It's been a bit over a month and everything appears to be doing well. No sign of any AEFW. I am still using KCl as a dip along with bayer (2 different containers) for any new frags and so far everything has tolerated it well (sps, acans, leathers, zoas)

DSC04211_zpsodpl4v7z.jpg

DSC04208_zpsxdzcx8uv.jpg

DSC04222_zps2vd6z0ia.jpg

Reef is going strong! I've had some issues with cyano lately (doubt it is related to what I did almost a year ago), but no sign of AEFW. I need to figure out how to post pictures again now that photobucket doesn't work, but the coral that had the most prominent infection was my PC rainbow. I have not seen any eggs or bite marks on it since treating. KCl definitely saved the hobby for me. Adding a frag tank later this week to my system.

I do have one small coral that has lost color recently, but no definitive bite marks or eggs at its base. I'm definitely keeping a close eye on it and keeping my fingers crossed. I think it may be more of a nutrient or chemistry issue.

Back