My First Tank. Just wanting to share.

Hawaiian Stylin

Im so exicited! After letting my 55 gal tank sit for 3 months, I got to add my live rock, an urchine, hermit crab and an nice 5" devils hand leather coral! That was about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday, I ADDED FISH! I picked up a couple Red Fire Gobys and a Striped Wrasse. They're all doing great and are venturing out today to investigate their new home.
Im just running a canister filter, powerhead and some led lighting (the cheaper ones from petco).
I have a 75 reef tank and a 6 bulb t5 fixture, also invested in a used ASM G2 skimmer and a sump. I just need to build my stand and order some fitting and return pump.
Im just have a blast with all the challenges this hobby presents!
David

Hey David I know the feeling! I've had a wee 30 gallon reef tank for a year...made more than a few mistakes along the way but learned so much more. I've just started cycling my new 80 gallon, began the aquascaping yesterday.
To be frank I am obsessed with this hobby, think I'm driving my family nuts!
Good luck with yours, will follow you with interest [emoji4] Helen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way my tanks have sumps, skimmers, basic powerheads but I'm upgrading from T5's to LEDS on the new tank which will be a challenge cos I've got some beautiful corals in my little tank....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the big progress David!!! I'm excited for you! (same to you Helen!). You should post some pics! :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, what a day.
I thought I'd have a nice lazy Sunday, but I ended up picking up Another 75g tank! It does need to be resealed. But I couldn't pass it up.
When I got home, I was relaxing and watching the 2 gobys. Okay, dont put Red Fire Gobys together unless their a matched pair. I actually saw one bite the other. So I spent the rest of the day getting the 10 gallon ready with a 5g water change and sat in our luving room jumping up and trying to catch one of the 2 whenever they came out of the holes... I need a bigger net. I still never got one. They went to sleep. I'll have to try in the morning.
One Really Cool thing though, I lost the wrasse yesterday. That was the day I got him. I looked everywhere. Lifted rocks and searched out of the tank to see if he jumped. I discovered this evening, as I was sifting through the sand ( I'm still adding my sand to the tank) when he jumped out of the sand! And burrowed back under. I guess thats where he sleeps. But it is so amazing to see him do that. He is going to be my favorite fish, I can already tell.
I'll try to get some pics that i took uploaded with my computer. I'm having trouble doing it with my phone. But I'll get it settled soon.
Thanks for the interest guys. It makes the hobby even more enjoyable to share the experience with others who understand the passion.
Aloha! David

Back