My journey has come to an end

badbones

Premium Member
As we all know, life takes its turns and twists. I had to step out of the hobby a few years back to focus on family. Well, things have sadly not gone as we were all hoping for and a family member needs to move in for full time care. This means my dedicated fish room will be remodeled into a bedroom for this sole purpose.

I have been holding onto a lot of good and hi-end equipment that I planned on using. Some is now dated, but everything is/was working at the time of take-down. Granted some cleaning is needed, but thats always the case with this hobby that I will deeply miss.

Over the next several weeks I will be posting what I have. Prices should be more than fair so I dont want a lot of low balling. Again this is a painful process as most will know. If something is just way off the mark, let me know politely.

I will try to post pics, but I have a lot going on now and a limited amount of time to accomplish what I have. I will be selling sand to equipment and everything in between. Some items brand new...some just used. There will be aqua controllers, tunze and geisemann dual pendant to name a few.

I will be posting things in many threads as to keep track easier.

This is a great group of people here. I have seen many come and go in this hobby. I didnt think I would be one of those, but then again I can not redict the future. I do hope to be back at some point, but no promises.

Alot of my equipment is a little old school in the sense. I will have a lot of lighting items such as 400ws 250wt DE from reflectors to ballasts. I never made it to the LED lighting.

So again, Thanks for all the friends I have met over the years..I think its just 19 years on this site. All those that bought my frags over the years and all those local fish stores that I supported and supported me. Many may have my sps and not even know lol.

My journey has come to an end

Quit???? Hmm why not dable into the world of nano fish or nano freshwater fish
I know a lot of my fellow reefers do it for the same reason as I do, to calm yourself and pride yourself in creating a ecosystem, while it's more open for bigger tanks, nano tanks can keep you plenty of happy without having to leave such a great hobby!

But if not I got first dibs!

I remember you from many many years ago and your tank was amazing (I believe it was in your garage at that time). Super friendly guy here everyone and had some amazing colonies that gave me inspiration for the hobby. I commend you on your sacrifice and hope all goes well for the future.

I hate to see anybody leave the hobby, like smilet98 stated getting a nano is very satisfying. Family always comes first, Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions..A nano may be an option but we have to make sure everything is safe and secure now and I am worried a serious accident could happen. Lets just say getting old sucks!

Sorry to hear, it's tough once you have so much time and money invested to walk away, that keeps me in half the time I'm frustrated lol. 70% kidding.

Family first, always. Good on you and I hope the transition goes smooth for ya.

Thanks for the suggestions..A nano may be an option but we have to make sure everything is safe and secure now and I am worried a serious accident could happen. Lets just say getting old sucks!

If you do a nano, I’ll load you up with frags no charge.

Focus on family first, I hope you find comfort in the road before you.

EDIT

the last time I started to say “getting old sucks”. I stopped mid sentence to consider the alternative. I’ve never said that since.

Thank you for the kind words and offer. The getting old was actually not in reference to me but for what I will have to be dealing with.

You never know...I may just be back stronger than ever, but definitely not in the near future.

This is a fantastic hobby which I dont have to tell anyone here...I will always be lurking here and admiring all the great tanks and work that people to do and the help that they offer one another!!!

Sorry to hear, but I completely understand that family will always come first. My In-laws live with us, so you're not alone. Good luck and we'll be waiting here when you return.

Thank you for the kind words and offer. The getting old was actually not in reference to me but for what I will have to be dealing with.

Just to be clear, because context is often lost in my written words, that was not a slam or a dig. I was just sharing a revelation I had and hoped it might help.

Also, stocking a nano N/C for you is a real offer.

556 I get you....No offense was taken. As far as the nano, I will have to play that one by ear..I am more worried about it being knock or pulled over by mistake than anything as mood swings are part of the process and I dont think I could handle a disaster like that.

On a different note, take care of yourself. This covid is not to be messed with. My side of the family has been hit really hard. My sister has been hospitalized several times now and may have permanent lung scaring that may force her to be on an oxygen bottle the rest of her life.

Thank you :)

I actually think I’m over it but these winds are kicking up my allergies so it could be COVID hanging on or just pollen. Either way I am lucky. I had Cancer last year and seem to have beat it for the time being and my COVID is relatively mild.

My sister had kidney cancer 2 years ago with part of it removed. We think that may be why she got it so hard. She is on blood thinners for a clot they found in her lungs and steroids to build up her system. Her husband had it a little longer than most, but he was just flu/body aches. Their 10 year old got it also and just had chapped lips and a runny nose. go figure.

Anyhow, I am glad to hear that you are doing much better. Just do as the doctors say and if you have that cough still, get it checked asap to make sure your lungs are clear.

Back