My new 30 gallon

luminary

Premium Member
Rather than hijack playa0069u's thread...

Here's the new 30 gallon tank I setup that replaces the 20 that I offered in that thread.

id_712_DSC_1010.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture but I've got about 6 different color morphs of rics, 3 or 4 other types of shrooms, about 5 different colors of zoos a green colt, a toadstool, a maroon clown and 3 bubble tip anemones. The livestock is still settling in and the colonies are fairly small so it's hard to see them.

The 20 was just getting compeletely overrun by crud...as Sue said, it was my ghetto tank :D. It also used a siphon overflow that backuped up just one too many times. So instead this tank is drilled. Down in the sump is an Euro-reef 5-2 skimmer (which works great when I can keep the damn thing from bubbling over).

Good looking

Good looking

Nice tank .. you should take more pics so we can appreciate everything. :eek1:

I know :)...I keep getting harrassed for having absolutely no pictures within the past year of my 225 either...

Nice Rics, i cand efinetly see them, those orange ones remind me of the ones at FAOIS and Finz.

Its the All-glass 30 high. The front is square (24x24) but it's only 12 inches from front to back, so half a cube :)

Matt,

When you drilled the tank, did you build a little overflow box? It appears you have a weir box in your tank, is this correct?

The dimensions look nice.

Do you still have problems with your skimmer bubbilng over?

I had to restrict the air to my Euro Reef Skimmer the first couple of days. I guess the skim I had on the water was condusive to bubbles (I had my system runnign for about 6 weeks before turning on the skimmer). Anyway, I still have the air restricted a bit. But I do like the Euro Reef. My old skimmer was junk.

Later,
Chris

There is an overflow box siliconed to the tank. The drilled hole is through the glass and into the overflow. There is a bulkhead holding the overflow to the tank (and it's siliconed for additional security).

Yes I still have problems with the euro-reef. It's bubbled over like this since I bought it. Restricting the airflow didn't help (it actually makes it worse). It's almost like the pump is too strong for the skimmer (but I'm using the pump that came with it). The only way I can make it remotely functional is by not using the riser tubes that came with it. I cut down some 1.25" PVC and made my own riser. It's only about 2 inches long. That has seemed to work for now.

Back