My Solana 7 months in.

my new tailspot
a11.jpg

new yellow jacket coloring up nicely
a6.jpg

some other pics
a8.jpg

a10.jpg

Very nice man, I wanna tailspot so bad. Just gotta get my dang 3 stripe damsel out of there first. Do the tailspots eat HA like the lawnmowers ?

is that your disclaimer in the background for palytoxins? lol. i remember this tank, i bought those pc lights off you awhile back. i see you have added quite a bit since then. great looking tank you have.

i got the leds from CC. and good eyes, yes its about the zoas. how r those lights working out for you? thanks!

I ended up selling the lights, and getting a solana pendant like yours. I just recently upgraded to a 250w pendant. That was a very ingenious way of mounting those led's on the back. You should paint the fixture, or even look for scrap aluminum and build something cleaner to match your pendant.

Very nice tank! The Tailspot looks way healthier now than in the first picture! I love the Coris too!

What kind of zoas are these orange/red ones next to the blues? Mid top of picture!
a6.jpg

Thought so! Been wanting some for awhile now.
Zoas are definitely my favorite and you have really nice ones :)

Sump just came in thanks to The Coral Corral. They did a great job, came to get it and it was already drilled and ready to go!!!
DSC_0008.jpg

How's that wood bracket holding up (that you mounted the LED's to)? I'm been trying to find some LED's that mount easily to a regular Solana, but I'm having trouble. I think it's going to come down to something like that.

Back