My zoa collection

shaggydoo541

Just thought I would share some of my zoas. Its a meager collection but the colonies all started as tiny frags and are now getting ready to take over my tank. I highly enjoy they way they cover the rockwork giving my tank a much more attractive look overall.

Only downside to my zoas is somehow I got nudis and they are the biggest pain in the world. I constantly pick them out with a turkey baster and every week syphon most of my polyps as I do a water change. This has kept them under control and allowed my zoas to thrive but they are always there just waiting for me to let their numbers get out of control so they can devastate all my zoa colonies.

I would dip my colonies except they are on big pieces of rock and are also on every piece of rockwork I have. Dipping just isn't an option I'm afraid. Oh well here are some older pics. Only difference now is the colonies are bigger.

newbluezoasm.jpg

movegreens.jpg

movepinks.jpg

moveredzoas.jpg

I do have a few other varieties but unfortunately have been slacking and don't have any pics. Let me know what you think.

Thanks everyone. I enjoy the zoas as I mentioned and would like to get more but the stinkin nudis are probably going to keep my collection to its current variety.

Back