Nano kalk help

CRookSkee

So I have a 34g Red Sea nano that has about 7 pieces of sps and for some reason I can't keep alk up it's at 6.5 dkh right now and i am dosing about 1560 ml of kalk a day that is fully saturated. Also ph sits around 8.4, i dose the kalk every hour the max I dose a hour is 100ml at a time. My question is can I dose more kalk or should I just start implementing two part ? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered using Tropic Marin All for Reef? It's the perfect nano solution. One doser, one solution and it pretty much covers everything. I'm using it on my 35g and it's really solid.

Have you considered using Tropic Marin All for Reef? It's the perfect nano solution. One doser, one solution and it pretty much covers everything. I'm using it on my 35g and it's really solid.

I would consider it but I have literally 10lbs of pickling lime that I'm not trying to let go to waste. I also like the benefits of kalk it keeps ph up higher. I used to have low ph around 8.0 sometimes 7.8 now with dosing kalk I'm seeing constant 8.2/8.4.

I would consider it but I have literally 10lbs of pickling lime that I'm not trying to let go to waste. I also like the benefits of kalk it keeps ph up higher. I used to have low ph around 8.0 sometimes 7.8 now with dosing kalk I'm seeing constant 8.2/8.4.

Sounds good. If you ever run out, check out AFR, it's pretty good, especially for a nano.

Did ya confirm accuracy of test kit by using another? Otherwise just sounds like ya need to dose some :)

Did ya confirm accuracy of test kit by using another? Otherwise just sounds like ya need to dose some :)

What I did was I mixed a new 5gal batch of saltwater with io regular and tested that with the same Hanna checker and it did in fact read 8.5 so I ruled out the Hanna checker. I have started dosing two part at 15ml each a day + what I already dose with kalk. Dosing alk during lights out and cal during day. Alk is coming back up slowly now it's currently at 7.0 duh.

on a nano tank i would really keep an eye on my calcium levels when dosing kawkwasser. I have seen way too many get in trouble really fast with this.

on a nano tank i would really keep an eye on my calcium levels when dosing kawkwasser. I have seen way too many get in trouble really fast with this.
It's an old thread but I dare say the OP had other chemistry problems, likely low magnesium, and his alk and calcium were just precipitating out. He didn't have enough coral to require that much kalk unless his tank was completely purple with coraline. Or he had a bad test kit lol.

Back