Need advise on BRS Screen.

Vorog

I am making a screen top for my tank, with the BRS DIY kit. My tank is drilled, for the drain line. But the return is not. So I am using a over the top U pipe. What is the best way to go around the pipe? I'll post a picture of the return. If anyone has a good idea for it, or pictures of what you have done that would help a lot.

a3bcbc513097325c5382ceb0e90b0f37.jpg

Here is the return pipe.

Leave the corner out and feed the tube through or cut a hole in the screen to feed it through. Or you could make the frame short in the back to allow room for equipment.

Sounds silly but if you have any high value small fish, I. E. Gobies. I suggest running some of the extra screen over the egg crate. Several people have had them make it through the holes of egg crate. Looks very nice and clean cut

Sounds silly but if you have any high value small fish, I. E. Gobies. I suggest running some of the extra screen over the egg crate. Several people have had them make it through the holes of egg crate. Looks very nice and clean cut

Agree. Not a fan of the egg crate strip. Really defeats the purpose of a screen top imo. The smaller jumpers will get out of that no problem.

I say make a full screen top and cut small hole for the return the the screen and it's still snug around the return.

I don't have any small fish that can fit through it. I don't like the egg crate much either. But for now I think it's fine as is, til I feel like making a new screen.

Yea I think cutting an hole in the screen to feed it through would look a lot more pleasing. But if your ok with it then so am I.

Back