need chaeto?

2t2_crash

Sango-Chu hooked it up with a baseball sized clump of Chaeto that was infested with pods back when I reestablished my tank... well now the stuff is clumped so tight in the fuge it blocks light out so I figured I should share the wealth.... if anyone needs a clump of chaeto that has pods just respond here. I am located on Kadena.

this stuff has so many pods in it that my two dragonettes are fat and happy in the main tank.

doh, sorry for the late late late reply, I have been on leave. drop me a PM if you are still interested, I live right inside Gate 1 in Marek park.

It's humming along, not sure if I'm going to have space in the sump for the chaeto though. The return pump and especially the skimmer are taking up more space than I had originally planned.

ahh, when you get a chance post pics, we all enjoy seeing other people's creations. you are off base right? that electric bill is going to suck!

ETA: if you haven't heard of ACO yet it's a coral farm down towards Naha that sells coral, and more importantly has a 35ft deep well that pulls up good clean Salt Water and they let you take some for free. Great for water changes, just get some 5 gal plastic Jerry cans from Makeman or someplace.

Sublime...does your sump have a plcec for a fuge? Let us know your setup's design...might be able to partion it off if you need a small place for chaeto...also depends on what you'll be running. If you're going to be running a zeovit system, then you DON'T want cheato...(sorry 2t2)...can run a small tank on the sde though to feed your dragonettes and stuff...

BREAK BREAK: ACO also showed me how he runs a system with only one (two at the most) pumps!!! why was I excited about his you may ask?!?!?!? because I now live out in town and the electric bill IS an issue...

Thanks for the info guys. Actually I am down at ACO quite often, I acquired one of his unused setups by pure chance. Taira-san is awesome, he helped me out delivering water and also showing me around to some of his customer's setups to get different ideas. What I have going now is a roughly 55gal with a 20 gal(?) sump, Vertex IN-80 skimmer, MAG 9.5 return going through a chiller before the aquarium. Two SEIO powerheads with the controller and for lighting a NOVA 6 bulb T5 setup. I really need to get some pics, just got the finishing (yeah right) touches added in the rockwork and there are several corals, some sort of tang I found at the beach half dead, a wrasse, frogfish and a couple blennies doing well so far. dosing B-ionic 2 part every day to keep the calcium up. Not my first rodeo so I'm trying to do everything right this time, haha. I actively look for the lowest electricity usage equipment to save on the bills where I can. Seriously debating going to one Vortech MP20 for circulation. What's cool also is the plumbing setup in the stand will accommodate a GFO reactor by splitting flow from the return. I like to keep the return throttled anyway, so 2 birds with one stone there.

The only thing I'm not 110% stoked with is the sump setup. It's high quality but the return side has almost zero circulation, need to redo the inside baffles. Detritus gets stuck in there and is really hard to get out without getting it into the main tank. A fuge section would be great also.

If anybody wants to come by and check it out let me know, I'm right out Kadena gate 1. Always happy to learn something new and make more contacts.

Vince

Last edited:
Back