Need Fast Help. With my duct work

pennyguy23

Premium Member
I am setting up a 360 and my heating and Air guys need to know what I want in my fish room for heating and cooling in the next hour. What would you suggest. I live in michigan and the room is 16' 6'. I don't know if I need a cool air return or heat runs in there or what. I have never had a tank is large in a closed space. Please help ASAP. Thanks

I would suggest both. But if you have central air conditioning, the same duct/vent should provide you both, no?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6951827#post6951827 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hdtvguy
I would have both. Get them to put a cold air intake in the room also.

A vent to the outside of the house will also be very helpful to get rid of the humidity.

a return will help remove some humidity when your a/c is in cooling mode. alot of t-stats at refrigeration supply houses now include a humidistat or you can buy a module to add to a stat. it will run your a/c to remove moisture. I would have heat and cooling to help keep the tank temp more stable even if you are running heaters and a chiller. if the room is 16 6 square you have about 275 sq ft and in general without alot of windows or vaulted ceilings you might cool 500 sq ft per ton . normally a ton of air can be moved with approximately 400cfm so I would make sure they ran enough duct to give you around 300 cfm air to and from the room. tell them to put a manually adjusted damper in the duct not at the grill so if it's too much you can just turn it down a bit. if you turn it down at the grill/grills you will hear the air whistle. a 9 inch round duct is good for 300 cfm at normal operations or 2 7 inch ducts will do about the same . a 9x7 square will also do 300 cfm if they are going that route. we use round mostly in florida. an air duct calculator can be used if space is limited.

Back