Need help ID'ing my tank for new frame: 72 gallon bowfront

GuitarManDave

Hi -

The center brace on my top frame broke yesterday. I've left the water in for now while I work on getting a hospital tank up. I've cinched a tight packing strap around the frame to contain the bowing so I'm not too worried about it.

I plan on buying a new frame but I'm not sure what brand the tank is. It is a 72 gallon bow-front, reef-ready with a single overflow in the rear-left corner.

The dimensions are roughly 48x23x18 give or take 1/4-1/2 inch if you include or exclude the frame in the measurements.

AGA and Oceanic both have made 72 gallon bow fronts but the *current* AGA product has the overflow in the back (not the corner). Oceanic appears to no longer manufacture the tank but pictures I've seen elsewhere also show the overflow in the back (not the corner).

The stand that came with the tank looks more like the Oceanic stand with the single smoked-glass door in the center. It looks like this:
oceanic-72-gallon-bow-fro.jpg

I can't find any brand information on the tank anywhere. If I can't confirm the brand what are the odds that they are the same dimensions and a replacement frame would be interchangeable?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Back