Need Help installing jackpost on uneven floor

i2ik

I am about to received my tank in the couple of days coming hopefully so tonight, i decided to put the jackpost on in the garage. The floor where the tank is going to sit on is just over the garage and its made with 6" concrete. The engineer told me that i would have to put 2 jackposts.

Ready to install, i checked the floor and its not even. I should have though of that since its in the garage. I am wondering what i should do? any of you guys have done it before?

Thanks!

Hi Richard,

Are these jackposts just going to sit out in the open in your garage?? Are you going to box them in?? Or are they near a wall already. I am sure the foot on your jackpost does not swivel. But if your garage floor is not off that much take a small grinder make your pad where the jack post goes on concrete level and make sure the jackpost are level puting them up. Its not going to matter if one jackpost is one inch higher (jacked up) than the other one the load from the floor to the concrete will still be the same. Just one persons thoughts.

Mike

What about putting the jackpost in reverse, so the top part will be at the bottom since its have the slot in, i guess it could work?

If it were my house, i would pick/break up the floor down 6 inches and place the jack in the hole and repoor the portion of the floor around the jack. You would have to drive a car into the jack to dislodge it, and it will be level. Make sure you fasten the top of the jack into the ceiling also.

Unfortunatly its not my house, but my parents... and dont think they will allow me to do that. It was already hard enough to convince them on getting a bigger tank, not sure that they will want for me to make 2 holes in the garage.. :(

Putting the jackposts upside down should be no problem. You dont want to disturbe the slab as it will hold more pounds per square inch now than if you try to modify it. Whats the angle of unlevel if it is not 1/2 across the pad than you should be fine to put them in. Also you may want to tie the floor joist together so there is no buckleing in the floor when the weight goes on it.

Mike

Back