Need help with plumbing

fish590a

newbie again
I'm trying to plump my 55 gal. tank I tried doing it a couple times already and both times failed. This time I'm putting together a plan and hoping to get some opinions. It had been several years since I plumb a new tank.

I want to use one pump to feed them all.

I'm thinking about this here, but might have some issue putting enough pressure on the chiller line to return water back into the sump. Plus it looks like a nightmare of a balancing act between ball valves to get the right amount of flow for each output.

What do you think?

b5f379c57d91b0cb0d5b255732e0b559.jpg

Here's the 2nd one, Simplier design and a lot less head pressure.
cab5f15c18b39abc059bc8853c0bd82e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If ur going to feed a manifold and chiller ideally I would have that on a 2nd smaller pump. ... if not I would go with ur 2nd option but everytime u adjust anything.. you will have to adjust ur output. Also the only problem i c will be having the right amount of flow for ur chiller...

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Need help with plumbing

The 2nd is design to get all the remaining flow to the chiller and return to the tank. Just have a little bit of the flow to the reactors, where the flow will be regulated by the ball valves. If i have issue getting flows to the reactor i can create a false head pressure with the chiller/return valve. And I think with cor 15 at max There will be plenty of flow to go around. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4’ of head is going to provide quite a bit of flow to the chiller. I think 1-1/4” return might be excessive.

second would better, stick with 1-1/4 per manufacture recommendation. my question is why do you have a ball valve right after the pump ell?
i you can get rid of the ball valve and split the chiller and the return.

Back