need help with programing...

coralcruze

two questions:

#1 what does the following statement mean? what does it do?
If Power empty Off 000 Then ON

#2 what does UNK mean in the status window for particular outlets?

Thanks

It should read one of the following, not 'empty':

If Power Apex Off xxx Then ON

or

If Power EB8_x Off xxx Then ON

where x is the address

Means that if the power is OFF and xxx minutes after it has been restored for either the Apex or EB8, then the outlet state would be ON (unless altered by another condition).

The UNK means "UNKNOWN', the controller can not determine the current state of the outlet. I have never seen this with the Apex, can you post the code for the relevant outlet?

Todd

I didn't know we could use

If Power EB8_x Off xxx Then ON

So lets say I lose power to my Apex base unit and not my EB4 I could use this command to keep the lights on instead of saying if I lose power to the Apex shut them off?

No. In order for the command to work, the Apex must have power. This could be via the 12VDC adapter or another EBx on a different circuit or on a UPS.

If you have power to an EBx, then the Apex will have power since it operates from the aquabus. If you are concerned about losing contact with the Apex, then use the Fallback ON command.

Todd

The UNK means "UNKNOWN', the controller can not determine the current state of the outlet. I have never seen this with the Apex, can you post the code for the relevant outlet?

Todd

Hey Todd,

I wanted to post a responce even though its all figured out now. You were right UNK means UNKNOWN which is also what I thought... The outlet was still functioning as it was befor just said UNK. anyway... one of my eb8's had to be unplugged for maint. and when I plugged it back somehow it got reasigned a new name from eb8_2 to eb8_7 Not sure if that caused it or the fact that I changed some programing and when I reloaded my set programing those outlets read UNK I think because I had some programing that was calling out outlets that were reasigned so it wasn't recognizing them. when I corrected the programing the UNK went away.

Back