Need new tank built suggestions on builder

AntiSatan

Looking to get a glass tank and stand built.
48Lx24Wx18H
Any suggesstions and comments on places you have had a tank made you and your experience.
Looking at possible Lee-Mar, DSA

May even consider acrylic

Thanks Gregg

Someone on here recently made his own tank! Find him, and have him coach you on making your own!!! That HAS to be the ultimate feel-good feeling of success!

Of course, with my luck, that would be the ultimate feeling of sitting in 100 gallons of saltwater!

Yeah I dont trust my self to building a 100 gal tank. I would not trust my self to building a 10 gal tank lol.

I just had a lee mar tank built. It's very nice! I can still pick out a couple of flaws here and there, but I can be extremely picky at times. Overall I am very happy with my lee mar.

Leemar

Like gorila, I'll take the time to expand. I've been very happy with the 2 leemar tanks I've had over the past 10 years. A 225g (72x24x30) for 6 years, had the center brace come detached and leemar didn't hesitate to repair it. My current 125 (48x30x20) rimless starphire is very nice too. It has it's minor flaws, like any tank builder, but I am very pleased with it.

I don't know anything about DSA, but you really won't go wrong with either.
Good luck

Have seen a number of Lee Mar tanks over the years as use to work in a LFS years back and always seemed to be a good tank. Will call Carlos wed see if he can order a tank.

Any one around here building custom stands. Nothing special other than some nice wood and flat extended top.

I'm in the same boat. I'm starting the planning of a new tank and although I don't think I'll need a custom tank build my wife is really particular about what the outside (stand and canopy) will look like.

Anyway following along to find a stand builder.

who or what is aquarium. This a store if so do them make custom stands and where are they located or a phone number.

Shane from Southwest aquaculture had my tank built by lee mar they built it to my exact specifications. I was very happy

Got a 187g leemar from Aquarium Arts, very nice tank but I don't think the low iron is as clear as in their older tanks.

Lee mar's quality has gone downhill over the past few years. apparentley their old fabricator quit on them and that's when the quality started to slip.

Back