Need replacement legs - where to find? Marineland Pro Series

rogersb

I have an older marineland pro series t5/halide fixture that is 72" and over the course of time have broken both legs. The fixture is not made any more so I'm thinking I need to buy legs that were made for another fixture. Did anyone else have this problem and find a good replacement leg? I contacted them through their website but never received a reply. I also posted here in their sponsor forum but saw someone who posted that they have never responded to a thread since buying in as a sponsor.

Good luck.. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to find that legs for a light fixture are basically custom for that fixture only..

Might be time to learn some DIY skills or find someone with a 3d printer..

I have an older marineland pro series t5/halide fixture that is 72" and over the course of time have broken both legs. The fixture is not made any more so I'm thinking I need to buy legs that were made for another fixture. Did anyone else have this problem and find a good replacement leg? I contacted them through their website but never received a reply. I also posted here in their sponsor forum but saw someone who posted that they have never responded to a thread since buying in as a sponsor.

Might be time to upgrade to LEDs. By the time you spend the money on diying legs you could probably buy some black boxes. JMO.

Might be time to upgrade to LEDs. By the time you spend the money on diying legs you could probably buy some black boxes. JMO.

I had LEDs. Started 10 years ago with CF, then went to t5, then to LEDs. Now I'm trying a halide/t5 combo unit. Everyone has their own preference, but how do you really know what you do or don't like unless you've tried them all :)

I had LEDs. Started 10 years ago with CF, then went to t5, then to LEDs. Now I'm trying a halide/t5 combo unit. Everyone has their own preference, but how do you really know what you do or don't like unless you've tried them all :)

You're absolutely right about that. My experience is with LED only. But I'm happy with it. Good luck with the legs. BTW if you wander the bolt/screw aisles in home depot/Lowe's you may find your fix. We rigged our photon v2 to our canopy, because the legs that came with it wouldnt work under the canopy and we didn't want it swinging if we hung it.

Back