need some advice

GrendelPrime76

few weeks ago i picked up a great yellow long nose butterfly that started eating as soon as he was in the tank, he started off in a 40b q tank so i could fatten him up and see if any deseases would pop up and sure enough about a week in i notice ich start to pop up so from the q tank he went into a 29g hospital tank so i could treat him for ich with coppersafe and he responded very well with no stress and still eating great, but my issue that has me concerned is instead of putting on weight he is getting very thin even though i am feeding him about 5 to 6 times aday so i know he has some parasites in his gut.so my question is can i stop treating for ich, do a large water change and start him on prazi? i know with some copper u can run both at the same time but im not sure about coppersafe, any feed back would be much appreciated:spin2:

PraziPro says their med is weakened by copper. But, I know its often done with success. I wouldn't stop the copper if you are in the middle of a copper treatment; you would have to start the copper from day one and it could become much worse while waiting. You can dose PraziPro now and re-dose later if you need to. Assuming you feel the need to de-worm is vital at this time. BTW, remember that the 40 gal now has ich as well, is anything in that tank? I don't understand the reason for 2 QTs.

i needed a good excuse to set up the 40g so i said it was a q tank that has rock and sand in it, i might get 1 fish or so a yr so theres no worries about ich in the 40 sence it will be long dead when i decide to get anything else..and im getting alittle concerned about how thin he is getting so i need to do something and i was under the impression that u couldent mix meds but i will try a round of prazi with the copper but i will add the prazi slow and see how he does, ty very much MrTusk

Back