Another Day In Paradise
My alk is high. What do i need to do ? I checked it twice with Salifert

ALK 15
CA 485
PH 7.5
SALINITY 1.024
NITRATE 5
PHOSPHATE 0

I would take a sample to your LFS asap to double check your kit hasn't gone bad or been contaminated. If it's not the kit then I would stop any kalk, dosing, and water changes and test daily until you reach your target level. Monitor the daily consumption rate and make this your new maintenance dose.

I would take a sample to your LFS asap to double check your kit hasn't gone bad or been contaminated. If it's not the kit then I would stop any kalk, dosing, and water changes and test daily until you reach your target level. Monitor the daily consumption rate and make this your new maintenance dose.

Its a new test kit. Guess I could have someone test it. I'm running bio pellets.

I was reading it wrong. I was reading the 0.05 instead of the 0.5 . its 7.7 now. Are my numbers now ok ?

7.7 is within NSW parameters. I shoot for around 8-9 to be in a safe range from an inadvertent swing up or down.

I'm a Zeo user so 7.8 is my target! I would be happy :). Nitrates of 5 although I would work on getting towards zero. Salinity a little low and with Ca at 485 with Salinity at 1.024 I would check my salinity measurement also. Bet it is higher ..... just guessing on that.

If things look good and calcium uptake is good, I would be happy. Stability is the answer in my opinion... get where "it works for you" and keep consistent.

Back