Need some flow advice

gimmiks

Hey guys I recently added an mp40 to my Waterbox 100.3 (dims 36"x24"x22").Previously I only had 1 mp10. All I can say is WOW! .the mp40 can really move some water.

I know they say the mp10 shouldn't be used on 1/2" glass but it's been on there for 3 moths and has been working fine .

Sooo my question is do you guys believe the way I have my pumps set up looks good for a bare bottom sps tank ?

My mp10 is currently running on reef crest with 100% max all day .

And my mp40 on reef crest 70% max from 7am-9pm
Then I turn it down to 10% max at night .

I also have the staggered and away from blowing directly at the coral .

e7213dd1c462a73fd6a359ce5fa8ac5f.jpg

35d9c2cf28dca4cc887679d42145a6c3.jpg

Why do you guys think is it to much flow ? I just feel like the corals are liking it but the fish aren't swimming as much as they were before .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I think that will be good. You're looking at about 4500 gph and random flow. Personally I like the pulsing mode for my sps tank but reefcrest works well too. As for the fish it may just take a little while for them to adjust. It looks like they have plenty of caves to take a break in so they should be alright

Yes I think that will be good. You're looking at about 4500 gph and random flow. Personally I like the pulsing mode for my sps tank but reefcrest works well too. As for the fish it may just take a little while for them to adjust. It looks like they have plenty of caves to take a break in so they should be alright

Thanks Alex . After some people telling me I should put it up to 100% random flow I did . Everything seems well just my cleaner shrimp doesn't really come out :/ .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me happy, I'm currently setting up a 40 X 28 x 16 with two MP40s and wondered how it would be flow wise - now I know!

Back