Neptune wave

I've been running mine for about 4 months now since i got them. They are great pumps you can do almost any config with them. At full power they are too much for my 90 gal. I have them in Maverick mode at 50% max. Only thing that i can say i don't like about them is the removable grate. It's a bit too flimsy in my opinion. I actually had one of them crack trying to take it off with some coralline algae that grew between the seams. Lucky I was able to crazy glue it and it's still holding.

I have sand and 3. Not sure why anyone would not get them because of sand. Seems silly to me. Remember they are "controllable". Just because they go to 100 doesn't mean they have to be at 100 all the time. Not a grain of sand moves in my tank. My buddy with 2 in a 150dd has sand as well.

The only thing I don't like about the wav's is the mounting setup and lack of adjustability. They could do this much better. This is the reason I run 2 rw8's along with my 3 wav's. :)
From what I understand more sizes are possible. I guess they wanted to see how these worked out for them first.

I have sand and 3. Not sure why anyone would not get them because of sand. Seems silly to me. Remember they are "controllable". Just because they go to 100 doesn't mean they have to be at 100 all the time. Not a grain of sand moves in my tank. My buddy with 2 in a 150dd has sand as well.

If you read through the reviews of the product online.if you have a tank of 90 gallons or less even turning them down all the way 2 pumps seems to blow the sand around. Again I just read a lot of reviews no experience yet.

Well a 90g is 4ft and the 150 is 3ft. When mine slow way down they feel like they are barely moving water when I put my hand in front of them. I guess if you had sugar sand it might blow it around but I can't be sure without trying.
Have you plugged yours in yet Roger?
I would plug 1 at a time in to the link. Set it up and then plug the next one in.

Last edited:
Not supper impressed with the pumps them self but the programming is so much better then anyone else. They move a lot of water at full but they are a bit narrow on the flow pattern. One of mine is noisy. Still working out the problem with Neptune. Also my power supply was noisy too but that seems to have gone away

Back