New 240 tank

chef19872002

Okay all you guys who have big tanks here please chime in. I am going for dream tank this time and need your opinions. The tank size is 72x24x31 my main challenge I am having is deciding on going glass or acrylic. I have read whatever information is out there but would like to know your guys opinions. So any input would be appreciated. I havent bought the tank yet since I want to do it right and have second guesses on it. Thanks Tom

i like glass. if you're going reef i'd go w/30" width and 24" height or even wider if you can.

My tank is 72x24x29, if I had it to do over again, I think I would prefer the 72x29x24.

It's would be easier to light the thing to the bottom, and it is kind of a pita to reach to the bottom if I'm moving things around.

I love a tall tank and I love wide as well. Now you guys are making it tough to choose again :) On the lighting aspect if I go that high is lighting a problem or no???

24" would be fine w/250W but when you go up to 30" it gets a little more difficult to light.

Glass or acrylic? Try the search feature on the general interest forum. You will get a million threads that you can spend the whole day reading ; )

Back