New 500G In Wall Tank

claudiojr

Hi there,

After some years without an aquarium, i´ve just started planning a new one, which i will build when i move to my new apartment next year.
What do you think about it? Want to know your opinion on design, equipment and everything else, so i can make better decisions.
I plan to have SPS, LPS, and some fishes i like.
Thanks everyone.

- Tank Size: 300x90x70cm (1890L)
- Skimmer: Reef Octopus Regal 300INT 12" Internal Protein Skimmer
- Chiller: 1HP
- Circulation: 2 x Ecotech Vortech MP60
- Lighting: 3 x Ecotech Radion G5 XR30 PRO or Blue
- Return Pump: Ecotech Vectra L2
- Controller: Neptune Systems Apex
- ATO: Neptune Systems ATK V2
- Water: BRS 7 Stage PRO Plus 150 GPD Water Saver
- Sump: 100x90x50cm (450L)
- Refugium: 40x90x50cm (180L)
- ATO Water Reservoire: 30x90x50cm (135L)
- Water Change Reservoire (for weekly partial changes): 90x90x60cm (486L)

Screen Shot 04-28-22 at 03.56 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 04-28-22 at 04.27 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 04-28-22 at 04.34 PM.PNG

Nice hardware choices. I like the radion pros myself but that's because crazy blue tanks are everywhere. When I had an inwall 90 gallon I found having no front access really frustrating. If you could integrate an access door above the tank on the viewing side it will save you a lot of hassle during maintenance and rockwork tweaking/ coral placement.

Nice hardware choices. I like the radion pros myself but that's because crazy blue tanks are everywhere. When I had an inwall 90 gallon I found having no front access really frustrating. If you could integrate an access door above the tank on the viewing side it will save you a lot of hassle during maintenance and rockwork tweaking/ coral placement.
I´ve had that access problem too. In my last reef i didn´t have that front access and it made my life miserable, mostly because the reef was quite big (180x100x100) and i could´t reach things in front of it. In this new project i plan to have some doors in that front part.

That’s some apartment layout! How many rooms? What country?

When I had to replace my 8’ 450g tank, the best thing that I did was going ‘deeper’ front to back. My new 500g tank is 6’x5’ and I love it! If you can go to 120cm, I think you’ll like it even more.

That’s some apartment layout! How many rooms? What country?

When I had to replace my 8’ 450g tank, the best thing that I did was going ‘deeper’ front to back. My new 500g tank is 6’x5’ and I love it! If you can go to 120cm, I think you’ll like it even more.
It is a 6200ft² apartment, in Brazil. It is a 5 suites apartment, but i´ll make some layout modifications, so it´ll be 4 suites. As funny as it may seem, i don´t have room for 120cm display (apartment has floor to ceiling windows almost everywhere, so it is hard to move the walls). The size of your display seems great, do you have pictures and information about your tank? Where may i find them?

Back