New additions

Fireworm

Just thought I would share some of my new tank mates from last week.

New Squamosa from Coral Reef
Newfish003.jpg

Just a size comparison
Newfish004.jpg
[/IMG]

Little copper banded butterfly from Sea Dwellers half off sale. Not bad for $15, I figured I would try it out for that.
Newfish006.jpg
[/IMG]

Newfish001.jpg

Also new acro from Coral Reef. It is a blue bottle brush. Starting to get some nice blue back to it, but can't pic that up with my came
Newfish005.jpg
ra

Not real sure. He is really tiny. I fed Rods Food last night, and he was out swiming in the food, but I can't say for sure that I saw him eat anything. He did eat all my feather dusters with in the first day or two

Yeah I have read that they clear out feather dusters pretty quickly. :) I did read that it is very hard to get them to start eating prepared food and that some never will and will starve. I hope this is not the case for you.

I hope not either. He has got a neat little personality already. Likes to play with the mimic tang. I am going to try to get some smaller frozen food or some blood worms to try. Also some liquid garlic to soak the food in before hand to see if that will work.

Phil you may try contacting Chris at the Pet Store, I think he had some live brine that may be a step in between to get him eating...

Really, I will have to give them a call to try to find out. I have been thinking about trying to hatch my own in my sump.

Nice new tankmates there. Is Jim going to have another sale? I missed it.
If you hatch your own shrimp I would recommend gut loading them with selcon for 12hrs prior to feeding. Makes them more nutritious.

I will try to gut load them, but I am not sure how all that will go. I figure I would just hatch them in my sump and add more life to the fuge and the system. If they get ate up, great, if not, I got some cool little shrimp running around.

I doubt Jim will have another sale like that until he moves again. THe purpose of this sale was to not have to move any more than he had to. He moved the shop to the other end othe strip, smaller space.

i had one they are are easy to get eating i mixed it up for the firstfew weeks between brine shrimp and blood worms once he started eating good just started feeding him mysen shrimp i think thats how u spell it

Back