new anenome, put halides on?

DMK

i just added a RBTA to tank. he's attatched for now, where i want it. i fed it mysis and it sucked it up. i have VHO's on. should i hit it w/ halides too for an hour or so or just wait till they come on tomorrow 2pm? i have it in bottom 1/3 tank w/ moderate flow. it's bubbled up and looks happy. want to see what it looks like w/ MH on.

what lighting was it previously under?? if not under halides you may want to acclimate it to this lighting.. it can be a big shock and cause bleaching..

it was under NO flurescents, maybe VHO, not sure. they weren't too bright. i was thinking of just leaving it till tomorrow and cut back MH period from 6 to 4 hrs and then increase 1/2 hr every couple days. i also have eggcrate on top now too to weaken light a bit.

i would definitely use the eggcrate.. if it was under that type of lighting before, this would just avoid all the possible problems you may have..its a big jump from NO to VHO so imagine hat it will be like from NO to MH/VHO..

he moved his foot alittle more into hole near where i put him and is under small ledge out of light and flow. this is normal i guess when they're new. i don't think he can get out of this hole. if he wants to move, he will have to come out to where i placed him and then move.

Not to change the question hear but how do you cut back on mh lighting with eggcrate. I mite have to do something like this on my new tank. Thanks

it just blocks the intnsity slightly-good for acclimating corals and anenomes which came from lower light systems.

I've never acclimated anything to my lighting including my RBTA which was under PC lighting in the store and I threw it under 250W 10K XMs. No problems whatsoever. If anything, my RBTA loved it. The only thing I acclimate are SPS because they have a tendency to RTN if you shock them.

Back